IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Angling Party, undated
The Angling Party
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray ink, over graphite, border with pen and gray brown ink line on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 10 3/16 inches (17.5 x 25.9 cm)
Watermark: Similar to Shorter 142
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | dogs (animals) | fishing | landscape | men | reading | river | riverbank | rocks (landforms) | trees | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.