A Gendarme and Another Man
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Sketch of Part of an Ornate Building
- Pen and red-gray ink, and graphite; verso: graphite sketch on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 4 13/16 inches (15.9 x 12.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "3576 | 11-"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | hats | men | uniforms
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Gendarme and Another Man, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.