Back View of a Standing Classical Male Figure
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Female Heads (Fake: "Style C")
- Graphite; verso: pen and brownk ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 x 10 3/8 inches (50.8 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "380 | (Back)"; lower right: "380"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "380 Sketchs of males' and | females' faces"
Collector's mark: "George Romney"; collector's mark: "GRomney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- back | cloth | figure study | male | man | nude | sculpture | standing | view
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Back View of a Standing Classical Male Figure, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.