IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Settling a Love Quarrell, undated
Settling a Love Quarrell
- Pen and gray ink, with pink and brown wash over graphite, with black ink lined border on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 x 10 5/8 inches (19.8 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in dark gray ink, upper center: "Settling a Love, Quarrell"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "No Ref No."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | fighting | genre subject | love | men | trees | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.