- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 13 x 14 3/4 inches (33 x 37.5 cm) and Image: 10 5/8 x 13 5/16 inches (27 x 33.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J,, Collett pinxt,,"; lower center: "The SACRIFICE. | Engraved after an Original Picture of Mr. John Collett, in the Possession of Mr,, Bradford. | Publish'd by T BRADFORD, No. 132 Fleet Street, as the Act directs, Octr. 15th. 1767."; lower right: "J,, Goldar Sculpt,,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | books | cap | cat (domestic cat) | crutch | daughter | drapery | fichu | force | genre subject | gowns | handkerchief | humor | husband | love | man | marriage | mother | necklace | oval | painting (visual work) | portrait | sacrifice | satire | wife | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.