- Tockus hemprichii (Hemprich's Hornbill) or Tockus abloterminatus (Crowned Hornbill)
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Binding: 16 inches (40.6 cm) and Sheet: 15 7/8 × 12 inches (40.3 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "18"; on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Gad-[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Luigi Balugani, 1737–1770, Italian, Tockus hemprichii (Hemprich's Hornbill) or Tockus abloterminatus (Crowned Hornbill), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.