Eton College from Datchet Road
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink over graphite with gray wash border on gray, thick, moderately textured, laid, cartridge paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 23 1/16 inches (46.4 x 58.6 cm) and Image: 14 1/2 x 19 1/8 inches (36.8 x 48.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Thos. Girtin .90"; in graphite, lower right: "A.20470"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Eaton Colledg | Eeaton Collag"; on back in graphite, center: "B1975.3.1138"; on back in graphite, upper right: "20x28"; on back in graphite, lower right: "TL"
SIgned and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "Thos. Girtin 90"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | chapel | clouds | college | dog (animal) | landscape | river | riverbank | students | windows
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Eton | Europe | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Thomas Girtin and the Art of Watercolour (Tate Britain, 2002-07-04 - 2002-09-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Thomas Girtin (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-01-21 - 1986-03-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eric Shanes, The Dover Mail - by Turner or by ' Girton ' ?, Turner Society News, no. 121, Spring, 2014, pp. 5-6, 9 [fn 9], NJ18 T85 T86 (YCBA) [YCBA]