Execution of Mary Stuart
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 6 inches (14 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, lower left: "Execution of Mary Stuart"; lower right: "923"
Watermark; collector's mark: "George Romney"; collector's mark: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- execution | historical subject | mourning | oval | vignette
- Associated People:
- Mary [Mary Stewart] (1542–1587), queen of Scots
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Peter Fisher, George Romney and the Mary Stuart Story, Transactions of the Romney Society, 23, The Romney Society, Kendal, Cumbria, p. 10, fig. 9, NJ18 R65 T7 (LC) (YCBA)