Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Figure Costume Study of Edward VI in 1550, between 1793 and 1795
Figure Costume Study of Edward VI in 1550
- Additional Title(s):
Edward VI in 1550
- between 1793 and 1795
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 2 3/4 inches (10.2 × 7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Edward 6 in 1550"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure | genre subject | hat | jacket | study (visual work) | vest
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.