Winchester Cathedral, Hampshire, from the North-East
- after 1794
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 x 12 11/16 inches (23.8 x 32.2 cm)
Inscribed in purple pencil, on back, center left: "T. Girtin | [...] Winchester Cathedral | ex coll. Dr Monro | Alex Monro | Hector Monro | May Le Geyt | given to me by Rev. A. Hone | (gt grandson Dr M) | Sept 1942."; in graphite, on back, lower right: "12"
watermark: "J WHATMAN | 1794"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | cathedral | cattle | cows | grazing | houses | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | United Kingdom | Winchester | Winchester Castle
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Thomas Girtin and the Art of Watercolour (Tate Britain, 2002-07-04 - 2002-09-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Thomas Girtin (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-01-21 - 1986-03-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]