Figures Mourning at the Bier of a Woman
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Same Composition as Recto Traced
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 19 1/4 inches (30.5 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3610"; inscribed in blue ink, verso, lower right: "361"
Collector's mark: "GRomney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | capes | death | dresses | figure study | figure study | figures | mourning | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Suzanne E. May, " Sublime and infernal reveries " : George Romney and the creation of an eighteenth-century history painter, Thesis (Ph.D.) -- John Moores University, Liverpool, 2007 , British Thesis Service, Boston Spa, Wetherby, April 2007, v. 1, p. 199, v. 2, fig. 205, NJ18.R65 M39 2007A OVERSIZE (YCBA)