- Figures Mourning at the Bier of a Woman
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 19 1/4 inches (30.5 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3610"; inscribed in blue ink, verso, lower right: "361"
Collector's mark: "GRomney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | capes | death | dresses | figure study | figure study | figures | mourning | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Suzanne E. May, " Sublime and infernal reveries " : George Romney and the creation of an eighteenth-century history painter, Thesis (Ph.D.) -- John Moores University, Liverpool, 2007 , British Thesis Service, Boston Spa, Wetherby, April 2007, v. 1, p. 199, v. 2, fig. 205, NJ18.R65 M39 2007A OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Figures Mourning at the Bier of a Woman, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.