IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Figures Mourning at the Bier of a Woman, undated
Figures Mourning at the Bier of a Woman
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Same Composition as Recto Traced
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 19 1/4 inches (30.5 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3610"; inscribed in blue ink, verso, lower right: "361"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | capes | death | dresses | figure study | figure study | figures | mourning | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Suzanne E. May, " Sublime and infernal reveries " : George Romney and the creation of an eighteenth-century history painter, Thesis (Ph.D.) -- John Moores University, Liverpool, 2007 , British Thesis Service, Boston Spa, Wetherby, April 2007, v. 1, p. 199, v. 2, fig. 205, NJ18.R65 M39 2007A OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.