IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Distant View of Jedburgh, ca. 1796
Distant View of Jedburgh
- ca. 1796
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 9 3/16 inches (16.5 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "T. Girtin | Jedburgh |(The spire rising behind | the Abbey is that | of the church)"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "THOMAS GIRTIN: DISTANT VIEW OF JEDBURGH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | bushes | castle | landscape | trees | view
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Jedburgh | Scotland | Scottish Borders | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Thomas Girtin (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-01-21 - 1986-03-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.