Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Trees and Pond near Bromley, Kent, ca. 1798
Trees and Pond near Bromley, Kent
- ca. 1798
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite; verso: graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/16 x 12 5/16 inches (20.8 x 31.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | pond | reflection | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bromley | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.