IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Tempio d' Antonio e Faustina, between 1798 and 1799
Tempio d' Antonio e Faustina
- between 1798 and 1799
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 10 1/8 inches (30.5 x 25.7 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | clouds | columns | figures | Grand Tour | grass | horse (animal) | man | ruins | sky | stone | temple | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Rome | Tempio d' Antonio e Faustina | Temple of Antonius and Faustina
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Sites and Sensibilities - Views of Rome 1500-1992 (Mount Holyoke College Art Museum, 1992-09-01 - 1992-11-08) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Thomas Girtin (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-01-21 - 1986-03-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.