- Turver's Farm, Wimbish, Essex
- ca. 1799
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink and gouache over graphite on beige, moderately thick, moderately textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 16 3/8 inches (30.2 x 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: "Girtin'
Signed in pen and brown ink lower right: "Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chimney | clouds | cottages | fence | figures | genre subject | house | landscape | man | mother | road | sky | trees | windows | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Essex | Europe | United Kingdom | Wimbish
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Turver's Farm, Wimbish, Essex, ca. 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.