Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire, ca. 1801
Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire
- ca. 1801
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 8 3/8 inches (14.6 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Bolton Abby"; Verso: in graphite, lower right: "by Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arch | architectural subject | grass | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | England | Europe | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.