Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Warkworth Castle, Northumberland, ca. 1798
Warkworth Castle, Northumberland
- ca. 1798
- Watercolor, gum, touched with gouache over graphite on beige, thick, moderately textured, cartridge paper
- Sheet: 16 3/8 x 21 3/4 inches (41.6 x 55.2 cm)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | figures | landscape | men | river | sky | trees
- Associated Places:
- Coquet | England | Europe | Northumberland | United Kingdom | Warkworth | Warkworth Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.