- Sandsend, Yorkshire
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately textured, laid paper, mounted on very thick, cartridge paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 20 7/8 inches (31.8 x 53 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Girtin - 1802"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | clouds | figures | houses | landscape | men | river | riverbank | stream | trees | village | water | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | North Yorkshire | Sandsend | Scarborough | United Kingdom | Whitby | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Sandsend, Yorkshire, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.