- Country House
- ca. 1797
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 x 13 inches (20.3 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, lower right: "209"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bushes | chimney | clouds | doorway | dress | fence | figure | grass | house | sky | trees | windows | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Country House, ca. 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.