- The Church at Dixmude, West Flanders
- ca. 1863
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite, varnished on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 14 1/4in. (27.9 x 36.2cm) and Sheet: 11 1/8 × 14 3/8 inches (28.3 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right.: "Santa Maria | [Materholm]"; on verso in graphite, lower center: "Dixmonde | by David Roberts RA/ bt at his Sale May 1865 | lot 863"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
David Roberts, 1796–1864, British, The Church at Dixmude, West Flanders, ca. 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.