IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
David Roberts, 1796–1864, British, View of St. Peters, Rome, undated
View of St. Peters, Rome
- Watercolor over graphite with some scratching out on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 x 36 1/4 inches (38.3 x 92.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on back of mount, center: "E Lami | WSG Holland"
watermark: J KOOL/ C + W/ [M or VI] fleur-de-lis
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | cityscape | Grand Tour
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.