- A Third-Rate in Coastal Waters
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 x 8 in. (15.2 x 20.3 cm) and Mount: 8 × 10 1/8 inches (20.3 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in black ink lower left: "Bounty". Inscription in lower center of mount: "Atkins\ Petite Fregate"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The U Collection. In appreciation of Choh Shiu and Man Foo U, loving parents, and Dorothea and Frank Cockett, dear friends
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frigate | marine art | sails | sea | ship
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Eleanor Hughes, Seascapes : marine paintings and watercolors from the U Collection [wall labels], , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2009, p. , V 2165 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Atkins, active 1787–1808, British, active in the East Indies (1796–1804), A Third-Rate in Coastal Waters, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.