IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Atkins, active 1787–1808, British, active in the East Indies (1796–1804), A Third-Rate in Coastal Waters, 1788
A Third-Rate in Coastal Waters
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 x 8 in. (15.2 x 20.3 cm), Mount: 8 × 10 1/8 inches (20.3 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in black ink lower left: "Bounty". Inscription in lower center of mount: "Atkins\ Petite Fregate"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The U Collection. In appreciation of Choh Shiu and Man Foo U, loving parents, and Dorothea and Frank Cockett, dear friends
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frigate | marine art | sails | sea | ship
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Seascapes - Marine Paintings and Watercolors from the U Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 2009-05-28 - 2009-08-23) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eleanor Hughes, Seascapes : marine paintings and watercolors from the U Collection [wall labels], , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2009, p. , V 2165 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.