IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Sewell Robins, 1814–1880, British, Off to the Fishing Grounds, between 1830 and 1880
Off to the Fishing Grounds
- between 1830 and 1880
- Watercolor and graphite with scratching out on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 18 1/2 inches (30.5 x 47 cm)
Signed in gray ink, lower left "TR"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The U Collection. In appreciation of Choh Shiu and Man Foo U, loving parents, and Dorothea and Frank Cockett, dear friends
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | fishermen (people) | fishing | fishing boats | flags | genre subject | marine art | men | sails | sea | seascape | ship | ships | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Seascapes - Marine Paintings and Watercolors from the U Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 2009-05-28 - 2009-08-23) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eleanor Hughes, Seascapes : marine paintings and watercolors from the U Collection [wall labels], , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2009, p. , V 2165 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.