A Shooting Party: Lord Ossulston, Mr. W. Wells, Lord Abercorn and Sir E. Landseer
- Watercolor on thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 3/8 inches (24.1 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Mar Lodge Oct. 1833 | Sir E. Landseer | Mr. W Wells"; lower center : "Ld. Ossulston"; lower right: "Sir E. Landseer"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "[...]1524"
watermark: Kent (letters)
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "Sir E. Landseer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beards | figure study | sporting art
- Associated People:
- Landseer, Sir Edwin Henry (1802–1873), animal painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, 1802–1873, British, A Shooting Party: Lord Ossulston, Mr. W. Wells, Lord Abercorn and Sir E. Landseer, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.