A Shooting Party: Lord Ossulston, Mr. W. Wells, Lord Abercorn and Sir E. Landseer
- Watercolor on thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 3/8 inches (24.1 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Mar Lodge Oct. 1833 | Sir E. Landseer | Mr. W Wells"; lower center : "Ld. Ossulston"; lower right: "Sir E. Landseer"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "[...]1524"
watermark: Kent (letters)
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "Sir E. Landseer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beards | figure study | sporting art
- Associated People:
- Landseer, Sir Edwin Henry (1802–1873), animal painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, 1802–1873, British, A Shooting Party: Lord Ossulston, Mr. W. Wells, Lord Abercorn and Sir E. Landseer, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.