The Capo Sant' Angelo, Amalfi
- ca. 1885
- Pen in gray and black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 13/16 x 13 1/8 inches (22.4 x 33.3 cm) and Image: 6 3/8 x 10 5/16 inches (16.2 x 26.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and grey ink, lower right: "EL"; in graphite, upper left: "6"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "2"; Verso: in graphite, center right: "1" encircled; in graphite, upper left: "5874 | Lear"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left in monogram: "EL"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | cliffs | landscape | rocks (landforms) | sea | sky
- Associated Places:
- Amalfi | Italy | Salerno | Salerno, Golfo di
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, The Capo Sant' Angelo, Amalfi, ca. 1885
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.