The Shepherd, from Songs of Innocence
- ca. 1795
- Color-printed relief etching with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 x 2 1/2 inches (7.6 x 6.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "3 x 2 1/2"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boys | genre subject | grazing | literary theme | men | sheep | shepherds | staffs | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, The Shepherd, from Songs of Innocence, ca. 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.