A View of Bristol with Ratcilffe Church and Lime Kiln Dock
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 10 1/4 x 24 3/4 inches (26 x 62.9 cm) and Sheet: 7 3/4 x 24 3/4 inches (19.7 x 62.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink upper right: "N: 50"; in pen and brown ink center left: "Brick | Stone | Crane | Brick | Stone | Stone | Dock | Stone"; in pen and brown ink center right: "white"; in pen and brown ink lower left: "a view from Limekilne Dock | of Bristol and the river"; in pen and brown ink lower center: "a View of Bristol with Ratcliffe Church and Lime Kiln Dock"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink upper right: "a View from Lime kiln Dock of Bristol and the River"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund in honor of John Baskett
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | chimney | church | cityscape | docks | kiln | river | sailboats | steeples
- Associated Places:
- Bristol | England | St. Mary Redcliffe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Scott, 1701/2–1772, British, A View of Bristol with Ratcilffe Church and Lime Kiln Dock, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.