Mr. Vaughan's, Boys Hill, Dorset
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper with thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper border, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 21 1/4 x 42 1/2 inches (54 x 108 cm) and Sheet: 18 1/2 x 39 1/2 inches (47 x 100.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink upper center: "Mr. Vaughan's | Boy Hill"; in graphite upper center: "vaughan's Boy Hill"; in pen and brown ink upper right: "No.6."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund, in honor of John Baskett
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | cattle | cottage | goats | landscape | river | trees | wheelbarrow | workers
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Scott, 1701/2–1772, British, Mr. Vaughan's, Boys Hill, Dorset, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.