Design for Rustic Bridge below the Cascade, Virginia Water
- Pen and black and brown ink, brown and gray wash on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper
- Sheet: 7 11/16 × 12 1/4 inches (19.5 × 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Rustic Bridge - Great Cascade Virginia Water"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "J. Wyatville Jan.y 1828"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | cascade | landscape
- Associated Places:
- England | Runnymede | Surrey | United Kingdom | Virginia Water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Jane Roberts, Royal Landscape, The Gardens and Parks of Windsor , Yale University Press, New Haven; London, 1997, pp. 480, 485, no. 521, SB466 G8 R57 1997 OVERSIZE (YCBA)