A Moorish Citadel
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream board
- 9 1/4 x 6 1/2 inches (23.5 x 16.5 cm) and 9 1/16 x 6 7/16 inches (23 x 16.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, center: "Pov(?) near Casablanca | C-506"; in blue ink, on back of mount, center: "4 (encircled)"
Signed in blue gouache, lower left: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | citadel | figures | fortress | hill | Moorish | walking
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Morocco
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, A Moorish Citadel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.