A Moorish Citadel
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream board
- Mount: 9 1/4 x 6 1/2 inches (23.5 x 16.5 cm) and Sheet: 9 1/16 x 6 7/16 inches (23 x 16.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, center: "Pov(?) near Casablanca | C-506"; in blue ink, on back of mount, center: "4 (encircled)"
Signed in blue gouache, lower left: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- citadel | figures | fortress | hill | Moorish | walking
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Morocco
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, A Moorish Citadel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.