- Former Title(s):
Male Nude, Upper Torso
- ca. 1908
- Black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 9 1/4 inches (29.2 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in black chalk upper right: "Drawn by | A E John"; inscribed on verso in graphite upper center: "drawn for me | by | Augustus John | 7 [Wod] St. Chelsea | about 1903 | [Th. Waldwander]"; lower right: "clean | DO NOT TRIM 18 | [Sca...] | Sandy Brown | wash"
Signed in artist's hand in black chalk lower left: "John"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- male | man | nude | portrait
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: