- Former Title(s):
Male Nude, Upper Torso
- ca. 1908
- Black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 9 1/4 inches (29.2 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in black chalk upper right: "Drawn by | A E John"; inscribed on verso in graphite upper center: "drawn for me | by | Augustus John | 7 [Wod] St. Chelsea | about 1903 | [Th. Waldwander]"; lower right: "clean | DO NOT TRIM 18 | [Sca...] | Sandy Brown | wash"
Signed in artist's hand in black chalk lower left: "John"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- male | man | nude | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.