- Watercolor and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted on moderately thick, smooth, beige card
- Mount: 8 5/8 x 5 5/8 inches (21.9 x 14.3 cm) and Sheet: 7 1/8 × 5 3/8 inches (18.1 × 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Livorno"; on back, center: "12 x 8 3/4"; on back, lower right: "301"
blindstamp of Turnbulls Superfine London Board, on back, lower right
Signed in graphite, lower right: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | landscape | mountains | sea
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Livorno | Livorno | Toscana | Tyrrhenian Sea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, Livorno, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.