David Cox, 1783–1859, British, On the Conway River, North Wales, undated
On the Conway River, North Wales
- Watercolor, with pen in brown ink, graphite, gouache and gum arabic on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper mounted on, very thick, slightly textured, cream, cardboard
- Mount: 13 1/2 × 18 11/16 inches (34.3 × 47.5 cm) and Sheet: 13 × 18 3/16 inches (33 × 46.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "139"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | landscape | mountains | mountains | north | rocks (landforms) | sky | trees
- Associated Places:
- Conway | Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.