David Cox, 1783–1859, British, On the Conway River, North Wales, undated
On the Conway River, North Wales
- Watercolor, with pen in brown ink, graphite, gouache and gum arabic on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper mounted on, very thick, slightly textured, cream, cardboard
- Mount: 13 1/2 × 18 11/16 inches (34.3 × 47.5 cm) and Sheet: 13 × 18 3/16 inches (33 × 46.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "139"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | landscape | mountains | mountains | north | rocks (landforms) | sky | trees
- Associated Places:
- Conway | Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.