- A Sailing Ship near Shore
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, smooth, beige card
- Mount: 5 5/8 × 7 5/8 inches (14.3 × 19.4 cm) and Sheet: 5 5/8 × 7 5/8 inches (14.3 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, center: "11 1/8 x 8 3/4"; on back of mount, lower left: "WCA3548 #7"; on back of mount, lower right: "65227 #7"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | fog | marine art | sailboat | sea | ship | shore (landform)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, A Sailing Ship near Shore, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.