Windsor Castle, Berkshire: Elevation
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink, graphite on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 29 1/2 inches (53.5 × 74.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Part of the North Front | Windsor Castle | This Drawing is made for Sir J. Wyatville | to [Design?] the improvements on"; center left: "The Winchester Tower | as executed"; center right: "The Bell Tower-Designed 1830 | submitted and approved by the | Com[mittee] of H.o [...]"; in pen and black ink, center: "Line of Pavement in | Thames Street"; center right: "line of Pavement | in the Street"
Watermark: J WHATMAN 1836
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Studio of Sir Jeffry Wyatville, 1766–1840, British, Windsor Castle, Berkshire: Elevation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.