Castel Meur, Rocky Coast, Brittany
- Graphite and pastel on medium, smooth, cream graph paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 13 3/4 inches (22.5 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Castel Meur"; inscribed on verso, upper left: "Brook 3 | [...]ers [arrow pointing right]"; upper center: "50"; in brown ink, upper center: "Rocky coast, Brittany"
Stamped in black ink, lower right: "107"; stamped in black ink, on back, lower left: "108"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "John Piper"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | boulders | coast | granite | house | landscape | sea | shore (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Brittany | Castel Meur | Côtes-du-Nord, Département des | France | Plougrescant
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Piper, 1903–1992, British, Castel Meur, Rocky Coast, Brittany, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.