Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Streets of the Tombs, Pompeii, undated
Streets of the Tombs, Pompeii
- Graphite with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted on thick, smooth, beige board
- Mount: 5 1/8 × 6 3/8 inches (13 × 16.2 cm) and Sheet: 1 5/8 × 3 inches (4.2 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, lower right: "3808 | Frame in hand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- amphitheater | arches | architectural subject | cypress | goats | man | mountains | ruins | streets | tombs | trees | volcanoes | walking
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Europe | Italy | Napoli | Pompeii
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.