- Streets of the Tombs, Pompeii
- Graphite with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted on thick, smooth, beige board
- Mount: 5 1/8 × 6 3/8 inches (13 × 16.2 cm) and Sheet: 1 5/8 × 3 inches (4.2 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, lower right: "3808 | Frame in hand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- amphitheater | arches | architectural subject | cypress | goats | man | mountains | ruins | streets | tombs | trees | volcanoes | walking
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Europe | Italy | Napoli | Pompeii
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Streets of the Tombs, Pompeii, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.