IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Deir Kadige, 1867
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 1 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (4.9 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink center: "pale w"; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink center right: "green"; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower left: "4:40 PM March 7. 1867 Deir Kadige."; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: "dark grey water"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Marjorie D. Wynne
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | desert | domes | landscape | palm trees | river | river | structures (single built works) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.