IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bernard Sickert, 1863–1932, British, born in Germany, Excavation, 1923
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Trees in a Field
- Pastel and black chalk on medium, moderately textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 18 3/8 inches (31.4 x 46.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "168"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "C26 73320008"
Signed and dated in black chalk lower right: "Bernard Sickert | 1923"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bruce McCashin
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | excavation | fields | geology | industry | landscape | mine | path | pollution | road | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.