IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cornelius Varley, 1781–1873, British, Talsarnau, North Wales, 1858
Talsarnau, North Wales
- watercolor on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 x 16 5/8 inches (32.5 x 42.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower left: "CVarley 1858"
Signed in pen and black ink lower left: "CVarley 1858"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Lowell Libson in honor of Charles Ryskamp
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | children | goat | meadow
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Through the Looking Lens - The Story of Artist Cornelius Varley and his Telemicroscope, 1800-1860 (American Philosophical Society, 2013-05-17 - 2013-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Varieties of Romantic Experience: Drawings from the Collection of Charles Ryskamp (Yale Center for British Art, 2010-02-04 - 2010-04-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.