IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Sir Frank William Brangwyn, 1867–1956, British, The Headless Christ, 1910
The Headless Christ
- Additional Title(s):
Le Christ Décapité
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Plate: 15 3/8 × 12 inches (39 × 30.5 cm), Sheet: 19 3/4 × 16 3/8 inches (50.2 × 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left to center: "wells + [...], 275, bold R 17 3/4 x 21 3/4"; inscribed lower right: "[...] 1381 12 3/4 x 16 1/2 in"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Frank Brangwyn"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Daniel and Pearl K. Bell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | ceiling | cross (object) | planks | religious and mythological subject | ruins
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.