IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Walter Richard Sickert, 1860–1942, British, born in Germany, A View of the Laguna, Venice, 1895 to 1896
A View of the Laguna, Venice
- 1895 to 1896
- Oil on canvas laid down on board
- 10 5/8 × 16 inches (27 × 40.6 cm), Frame: 21 3/8 × 25 inches (54.3 × 63.5 cm)
Signed and dated in black paint, lower right: "Sickert 1904"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Patricia Cornwell
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Paintings and Sculpture
- Link to Frame:
- Subject Terms:
- boardwalk | boats | buildings | dome | fog | gondolas | harbor | marine art | people | ships | street | water
- Associated Places:
- Brenta | Italy | Veneto | Venezia | Venice
- Not on view
- IIIF Manifest:
Whistler in Paris, London and Venice (Yale University Art Gallery, 2015-01-30 - 2015-07-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.