Lilleshall, Shropshire: East Front
- Former Title(s):
One of 14 Designs made for the Rt. Honorable the Earl of Gower for his Seat at Lilleshall - East Front
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and black ink, watercolor on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper bar scale of 1/12 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 13 × 19 1/4 inches (33 × 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "East Front - Design for Lilleshall"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "South Terrace"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Nursery floor"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Back | stairs"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Door | to | Base | ment"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "(IR93 74/4/5/10 (12))"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Jeffry Wyatville, 1766–1840, British, Lilleshall, Shropshire: East Front, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.