Amada, 9:30 am, 12 February 1867
- Additional Title(s):
9:30 am, 12 February 1867 (428)
Amada, 9:30 am, 12 February 1867 (428)
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 x 13 3/4 inches (12.4 x 34.9 cm)
Inscribed pen and brown ink over graphite, lower left: "9,30 AM. Feby 12, 1867"; in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower right: "(428)"; inscribed with notes throughout; inscribed on verso in graphite: "114 / Longwise / Upper / Amada"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | desert | landscape | river | river | ruins | sand | sky | temple | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Amada Temple | As Said | Aswan | Egypt | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Amada, 9:30 am, 12 February 1867, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.