- after 1872
- Pen in brown ink with brown wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 21 1/2 inches (34.3 x 54.6 cm) and Image: 10 1/4 x 20 3/4 inches (26 x 52.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "9/ From the long alley's latticed shade"; in black ink, upper right: "Turin, (Italy.)"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "5834 | Lear"
Watermark: J Whatman / 1872
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrier | buildings | figures (representations) | landscape | mountains | path | river | stone | trellis | vines
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Piedmont | Po River | Turin
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.