Jericho, 7 May 1858
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 19 7/8 inches (18.1 x 50.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Jericho"; lower right: "ruins too compact - only bits"; lower right: "(157)"; extensively inscribed with lighting and coloring notations; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "6 Longwise"
Watermark: Whatman | [...]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueduct | figures (representations) | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sand | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Jericho | Jordan River | West Bank
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.