New Harbour, Malta
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink and gouache, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 20 7/8 inches (18.1 x 53 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Ne Harbour | Malta | from near Mt. Corradins Prison | 27. March.1866. 3-4-PM.; in brown ink, lower right: "(245)"; Verso: in brown ink, center: "51. Long | Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | harbour | landscape | marine art | water
- Associated Places:
- Malta | Mediterranean Sea | Republic of Malta
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.