A Study of Ferns, Civitella
- Oil on moderately thick, moderately textured, green wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/16 x 7 9/16 inches (15.7 x 19.2 cm)
Inscribed in green oil paint, lower right: "Civitella."; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "30 | upright | Top"
Signed in green oil paint, lower right: "Octr. 15. 1842"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botany | ferns | genre subject | leaves (plant materials) | science | study (visual work)
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Edward Lear and the Art of Travel (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-09-20 - 2001-01-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Scott Wilcox, Edward Lear and the art of travel, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2000, p. 59, fig. 27, NJ18 L455 W55 2000 (YCBA) [YCBA]