A View of the Pine Woods Above Cannes
- Watercolor and gumming with pen in brown and blue ink, and scraping out, over graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 x 20 3/16 inches (16.7 x 51.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Cannes"; inscribed in arstis's hand, lower right: "EL. 1869"
Signed in monogram and dated, lower right: "EL 1869"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (representations) | grass | landscape | mountains | pines | sky | trees | Woods (Forests)
- Associated Places:
- Cannes | France | Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Scott Wilcox, British watercolors, drawings of the 18th and 19th centuries from the Yale Center for British Art , Hudson Hill Press, New York, 1985, no. 73, pl. 73, ND1928 W533 1985 (YCBA)
Scott Wilcox, Edward Lear and the art of travel, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2000, pp. 32, 108, no. 127, NJ18 L455 W55 2000 (YCBA)