- Pot Valiant: Scene in a Tap-Room
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 6 15/16in. (22.9 x 17.6cm) and Sheet: 8 5/8 × 6 7/8 inches (21.9 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed on separate pieced of wove paper attached to new insert in pen and brown ink: "Pot Valiant"; and: "NOW THEN YOUNG FELLER, DO' YER KNOW WHERE YOU'RE A GOING?/ THIS HERE'S THE TAP-ROOM, O, IF YER WILL GO INTO OUR/ PARLOUR/ SHALL ONLY HAVE TO COME AND PUT YER OUT YER KNOW."
Collector's mark: "TEL"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "John Leech"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | genre subject | porter | server | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Leech, 1817–1864, British, Pot Valiant: Scene in a Tap-Room, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.